« Home | Overwhelmed » | The Valour of My Tongue » | When A Bad Day Turns Around » | What I saw on Monday morning was, to me, a sight t... » | Still Hating Mondays... » | Charlie and Willy Wonka's Perfect Set of Teeth » | Part Two » | About Me (jeez, that sounded so self-absorbed) » | The Whole 8 1/2 Yards » | Shortcuts and Easy Ways Out »

Trust Issues

A funny thing happened to me on the way to college today- I got into a cab with three total strangers because I was about to be late for class. I never just get into a cab with anyone so this was my first time, out of desperation. One was a working young lady, another was a girl from my communication calss (ok, so she was not a total stranger but still, I didn't even know her name!...and i still don't), and yet another was a guy form college but another department so I had not seen him before. I say it's funny because it was ironic that I had trusted total strangers (putiing aside the fact that they were all nice-looking people because daddy always said never to trust strangers no matter how good or nice they looked) but right now find it hard to trust some of the really close people in my life.

It really is a strong word, isn't it, this word TRUST. What does it mean to you?

Trust to me means being able to say to another person, "hey, I know I can depend on you and I know that you'll come through for me no matter the cost so thanks buddy" and to have hope and faith in that person. I remember when I was in primary school we had this game we'd play called "trust". I'm sure you would've played in some time in your life. The idea of the game is to fall from a high place (we would stack up tables and chairs to get the desired height) and have people waiting to catch your fall at the bottom. I used to metaphorically name These People family (because I really didn't have that many friends I could trust back then) but now, I'm not that sure if Those People are still under the Family category anymore...Sometimes, or rather lately, it's been a lot more easier to trust people I don't know very well, people whom I've just met about a couple of weeks ago and that is scary- not being able to trust family no more.

But, with all that's been said and done if there's someone that you KNOW will ALWAYS have your back no matter the cost, you KNOW that that person is Jesus. I have seen the realism of that trust once and I know I will see it agian. I am not be the most pias person (I'd like to meet the person who claims to be though=) ) in the world but I know how real and how dependable he can be. There's this song that I just love singing because I feel a sense of assurance that He is always around and dependable.

Through It All
by Hillsong
album: Blessed (2002)

You are forever in my life
You see me through the seasons
Cover me with Your hand
And lead me in Your righteousness

And I look to You
And I wait on You

I'll sing to You Lord
A hymn of Love
For Your faithfulness to me
I'm carried in everlasting arms
You'll never let me go
Through it all


But then again, being as human as I am, there are times I wish there is that physical person that I can see to trust and like I said before, Family just doesn't seem to be one of 'em anymore, which really isn't a very good thing.

I'm contradicting myself, aren't I?