« Home | Part Two » | About Me (jeez, that sounded so self-absorbed) » | The Whole 8 1/2 Yards » | Shortcuts and Easy Ways Out » | Just a Few Things... » | A Must Read » | Where Are You? » | Discovering the cook In Me » | I'm Gettin' Older Too... » | Nowhere To Go and Nothing To Do »

Charlie and Willy Wonka's Perfect Set of Teeth

I just noticed something about the way I walk- it's always in a rhythm, as if there's always a song playing in my head even when I don't have my discman on. Hmmmm...I guess if you walk alongside me long enough you'll notice it too, not that it's of any importance...oh well, I was never normal anyway- I was born special =)

That was so not the point of today's entry/post.

I went for lunch and then to a movie with Janice and Mickey today (Kimmie and Charm, you guys shoulda really come...miss you guys!!!). So we went to this Indian Restaurant in MidValley called Analakhsmi (for those of you who wanna get the taste of real Indian cuisine, that's the place you wanna go to) and it was worth every cent we paid! The food's real good- like grandma's cooking; we all love our grandmas' cooking don't we? Yeah so then we watched CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY!!! I think Tim Burton and the whole cast (especially Jonny Depp) did the story justice! The only thing I found tacky about the movie were the songs. For some reason, Janice and I couldn't stop laughing whenever a song came on; we might've been the only two looneys who were doing that! Oh, but there was this one song which I found ok, only because I thought the harmony was done well- it was the song the oompa-loompas sang when this really bratty girl (I think her name was Varuka?) didn't listen to Mr. Wonka and as a result got herself (and her father) pushed into the pile of spoilt nuts and trash. Yeah, albeit the laughing out loud, Janice and I both agreed that the harmony was nice and that Willy Wonka was really cute whenever he said the word 'k' (as in 'ok').

Ok, so that's that and now I've got two chapters of Human Communication to read before class tomorrow...sigh... Btw Janice, thanks for the mixed CD you gave me...'Addicted' is swell! and thanks for burning 'This is the Air I Breathe'; I've been looking for it for the longest time! So thanks girl! Oh, and don't worry about being the perfectionist that you are...at least there's someone to learn things from ;)

About me

  • I'm Naveena
  • From Auckland, New Zealand
  • I'm rough around the edges but, I'm God's working progress. I don't allow myself to bruise easily but I sometimes I can't help it. I love wholly and there isn't much that I hate. I believe that life is about the journey and not the destination because by default, the former determines the latter. Yes, I am THAT girl.
My profile