« Home | I'm Gettin' Older Too... » | Nowhere To Go and Nothing To Do » | She Left Without Saying Goodbye » | Punctuality » | Insane Ramblings... » | Sleep Deprived » | to play a small part in smtg so big » | Doing Nothing Is Hard Work! » | Psyco-ed Into Blogging »

Discovering the cook In Me

It's really interesting that for some strange reson, I seem to be (on some unexplainable level) adicted to cooking shows! this can only mean one thing: I need to get out of the house and interact with the outside world! See, since i've been on a one-month holiday, I've had very less contact with anyone beyond the four corners of my home, 'cept for church and the occasional bumming at Mickey's. But back to the cooking thing. I'm particullarly intrigued by Jamie Oliver and what the media terms her, the domestic goddest- Nigela Lawson. Maybe it's the accents they have (yes, I have a facination for thick english accent- not sure why though)...hmmm...Anyways, so like, watching such shows have, I think, inspired me to start exploring my culinary skills =) So far, I've tried (and very seldom succeeded) a few sauces and today, I made tom yam for lunch. I think it turned out o.k. Not perfect, but o.k. Perhaps tomorrow I shall try bread and butter pudding or apple strudel. I reckon that if one whats to try one's hand at cooking, one should start with the basics and simple dishes, so that's exactly what I'm doing. My tastebuds and I have a loooong way to go and hopefully I'll be a good enough cook by the time I get married because it's an unspoken rule that 'all Indian women must know how to cook...especially for thier husbands' so, since I'm not planning to end up in spinster-hood, I might as well start learning how to cook now. Besides, it's not cheap nor healthy to get take-outs all the time.

On another totally unrelated topic, I did a personal review on the movie Kill Bill Volumes one and two, but my screwed computer kinda...well, screwed it up so I'm not gonna bother rewiting it. Perhaps another time when I have ample time...but I will say this: I'm prolly one of the last people to see this movie but it has got to be the bloodiest movie I've ever seen! I mean, I literally saw fountains of blood!

About me

  • I'm Naveena
  • From Auckland, New Zealand
  • I'm rough around the edges but, I'm God's working progress. I don't allow myself to bruise easily but I sometimes I can't help it. I love wholly and there isn't much that I hate. I believe that life is about the journey and not the destination because by default, the former determines the latter. Yes, I am THAT girl.
My profile