« Home | Nowhere To Go and Nothing To Do » | She Left Without Saying Goodbye » | Punctuality » | Insane Ramblings... » | Sleep Deprived » | to play a small part in smtg so big » | Doing Nothing Is Hard Work! » | Psyco-ed Into Blogging »

I'm Gettin' Older Too...

Last Friday a bunch of us from school met up for dinner coz a friend of mine, Tasha was going off to Kiasuland to study. For those of you who aren't Malaysians, Kiasuland is what we call Singapore (long story). She's probablly unpacking right now in her room. So anyways, I was really glad to see those who came, it sure has been a long time. The thing is, no matter how much I remind myself that it's been a little over eight months since the lot of us graduated from high school (and grade school altogether), it just seems like yesterday I was running through the coridoor of my classroom rushing down those flights of stairs trying to get to the hall or feild for something or other. Yeah, gone are my 'glory days'...haha...and so now a new chapter begins in the story of my life. As much as I love the fact that i'm no longer in school, I am scared of what's out there in the real world and from what I've seen in the past couple of months, it really is a crazy place we live in! But I've finally (just yesterday actually) accepted that I've got to leave and let go. So bring it on, world!

Going for dinner that day, reality really whacked me hard in on the head- everybody's leaving!!! Soon, I will be too...it's sad but it has to happen I guess. Hopefully, we'll all meet someday in this great big party in my honour because I've just had my first number one box-office movie in movie charts all over the world! Either that, or it'll be because of my first chart-topping hit song=) Those will prolly take about 25 years to happen=) Untill then, I guess I'm just gonna have t rely on good old memories of all these friends who have really been a huge blessing to me.

Btw, here are some pics taken at the dinner (courtesy of Sher Reen) and this other dinner I had at my place about two weeks ago (courtesy of Nisa).

Sher Reen and I

Mama Bear Mickey (in the middle), Dashi and I at the ends

left to right: Jac, Mickey, me, Nisa, Ju and SKY. The missing people who chose to be the photgraphers (though they really didn't have to) are Milan and Auntie G

About me

  • I'm Naveena
  • From Auckland, New Zealand
  • I'm rough around the edges but, I'm God's working progress. I don't allow myself to bruise easily but I sometimes I can't help it. I love wholly and there isn't much that I hate. I believe that life is about the journey and not the destination because by default, the former determines the latter. Yes, I am THAT girl.
My profile