« Home | A Must Read » | Where Are You? » | Discovering the cook In Me » | I'm Gettin' Older Too... » | Nowhere To Go and Nothing To Do » | She Left Without Saying Goodbye » | Punctuality » | Insane Ramblings... » | Sleep Deprived » | to play a small part in smtg so big »

Just a Few Things...

So, I've got a few things to say. Firstly, allow me to make myself clear about my previous entry dated August 2, 2005, titled 'Where Are You?' People ask me why I ask God such a question just because I didn't do well in my exams and that I should not say things like that just because of one instance. Truth is, I've actually been feeling this way for a while now, a few other things have happened along the way and I've been questioning His presence since then. So, it didn't JUST happen...When it comes to God, I normally don't give up that easily and you should know that if I do, it's because something really big happened or many little things that kept adding up- not one incident.

Secondly, I return to college for a new semester tomorrow and I have mixed feelings of going back to my books and lecturers. On one hand I'm actually glad to be going back because I've had enough of just staying at home and not doing anything (the second thing I hate besides waiting is doing nothing). I've had a very unsatisfying holiday because I didn't get to do half the things I wanted albeit the free time I had. On the other hand, I don't want to go back because that would mean me getting back to my mundane routined life and having to face blue monday mornings (third thinng I hate is having a routined lifestyle). But, I think I'm more happy than unhappy to start my fall semester, so off I go...

Next up: I was going through some pictures on my mom's phone and I came across this picture of my one year old niece, Cassendra Veena so i decided to mess around with it a little and this is what happened-

Not much really as you can see. I blured the background with a glass-like effect so she could be seen beter. Her cheeks look a little puffy because she was chewing on a french fry I gave her. I inserted that quote (although now that I think about it, it's not so suitable) because I just found it interesting but I believe Don Herold left the quote unfinnished. Maybe because his kids turned out swell! lolz...

Fourthly, I've been listening to Chantal Kreviazuk's songs a lot lately. She's a singer (like, duh!) and I think she's also a pianist. I don't know how many people have actually heard of her but if you haven't I strongly think you should. Some of my favorite songs by her are I Want You to Know, Time, Love is All, Weight of the World, Hands (no, it's not a remake of Jewel's), This Year, These Days and This Life.

Lastly, It's really weird how often I've been hearing Daniel Powter's Bad Day. It's like every time I flip to MTV or Channel [V], somehow, as if on cue, that song comes on. Maybe it's a sign that I should stop feeling bummed about how badly I did and- in the words of Sher Reen- Take it all in my stride =) For what it's worth, I really like the video clip. It's one of the best I've seen despite its simplicity. It's a real creative piece of work! Here are the lyrics of the song:

Bad Day- Daniel Powter
Where is the moment we needed the most
You kick up the leaves and the magic is lost
They tell me your blue skies fade to grey
They tell me your passion's gone away
And I don't need no carryin' on

You stand in the line just to hit a new low
You're faking a smile with the coffee to go
You tell me your life's been way off line
You're falling to pieces everytime
And I don't need no carryin' on

Cause you had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around
You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile and you go for a ride
You had a bad day
The camera don't lie
You're coming back down and you really don't mind
You had a bad day
You had a bad day

Well you need a blue sky holiday
The point is they laugh at what you say
And I don't need no carryin' on

You had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around
You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile and you go for a ride
You had a bad day
The camera don't lie
You're coming back down and you really don't mind
You had a bad day

(Oh.. Holiday..)

Sometimes the system goes on the blink
And the whole thing turns out wrong
You might not make it back and you know
That you could be well oh that strong
And I'm not wrong

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Naveena
  • From Auckland, New Zealand
  • I'm rough around the edges but, I'm God's working progress. I don't allow myself to bruise easily but I sometimes I can't help it. I love wholly and there isn't much that I hate. I believe that life is about the journey and not the destination because by default, the former determines the latter. Yes, I am THAT girl.
My profile