« Home | Where Are You? » | Discovering the cook In Me » | I'm Gettin' Older Too... » | Nowhere To Go and Nothing To Do » | She Left Without Saying Goodbye » | Punctuality » | Insane Ramblings... » | Sleep Deprived » | to play a small part in smtg so big » | Doing Nothing Is Hard Work! »

A Must Read

I feel a little better today but I'm still bummed nonetheless. I think I just might see my lecturer about my psychology paper. I just wanna say thanks to all who tried comforting me- Trev, Mil and Mickey- it meant a lot.

Now, if you click the title of today's entry, it'll take you to a short story writen by a friend of mine. It actually started out as a colloge assignment, but she said she liked it so much, she decided to edit and lengthen it. It's about 10 chapters long and it won't take you very long to read it all. In honor of her, I'm doing a review on it:
For Trina-
To me, a good story is all about the choice of words. It doesn't take much to please me in this sense. When I read, I (and I like to think most people do this as weel) like to imagine myself in that place and time- the setting. Since I have a vivid imagination, this really works to my advantage. And this author friend of mine has done just that. She really has a flair for detailed description and so she really helped with the imagination. Oh, and by the way, romance is one of its main theme so be warned (should you not like romance novels/ stories). I actually liked the romantic side of this story because most contemporary writers give you the usual love scenes and it's rather rare to see in-depth relationships. I mean, when I read this, I could tell alomost instantly there was more to this romantic relationship then just the usual surface level ones. So yeah, props to the writer for that.
There were a few gramatical errors in the novel and I can't help but notice them because I'm a little bit compulsive in that sense... I've got this rude habbit o even subtly correcting people whenever they make gramatical errors...so, Trina, you might like to proof-read your future stories. I also thought the story could be a litle more longer because then you would be able to develope the characters more. There was not much internal conflict in some of the characters particularly Corina (but seeing as how this was an assignment, I'm saying no more =))
On another note, maybe you could work on putting in more dialogues in your future stories. Other than that, I think she did a fab job and I look forward to reading more of her work.

Having said this, if any of you have the time to read this please read. Btw, the reason why this review is general is because I don't want to give away too much by accident.

naveena darling. u didnt tell me ur psych results? wat happened? i'm YOUR TUTOR!!! Pls tell me what happened k? cos, well, u were one of my best and i wudnt hv expected anything less than an A fr u.

oh, and i forgot. thanks for the review. i do proof read my stories. the thing is, no matter how many times i read, its still just me reading. so i might not have noticed my own mistakes. i'll let you proof read them next time k? lol. thanks again for the review and do get back to me bout ur psych paper.

Post a Comment