« Home | The End of a Beginning » | It's Here! It's Here! » | Three Weeks and Counting (and scared as hell) » | This Summer's Must Watch-es » | Of Empty Drawers and Teapots » | Another New "Toy" » | I Think I'm Finally Growing Up » | A Love That Will Last » | Contentment » | I LIKE »

Goings-On...or is it Going-Ons

Wow, it's been exactly a week since my last post and gosh, thise whole week has been nothing short of a whirlwind! So many last-minute errands to run- believe you me, selling a house is hard work, despite having lawyers to help you with it! And since the house is sold, we've finally vacated, as of last monday so it's not been the easiest thing to get internet connection. But it's not like I've been homeless since- I've been bunking at one of my aunts place...

Anyways, so much has happened in the last few days and in about less than 48 hours, a lot more is going to happen. I can't say I'm not excited, because I trully am. I'm thrilled at the fact that I'm embarking on a whole new journey at this phase of my life. I think the timing couldn't be anymore impeccable. But the reality of me not being able to spend time with my loved ones is just...well, sad. I'm not gonna be able to pick up the phone and say, "Mickey, I'm bored and I'm coming over to watch a movie" or send out mass text messages saying, "hey girls, lets go to Chillis, I need my fix!" to my gal pals as and when I want.

Like last night, we had a girls' night in and at dear ol' Mickey's and decided we'd make dinner. For once, we were all there together (once you leave school, meeting up on a regular basis is very hard to do, all the more if your friends happen to be halfway across the globe)- the cynical I'm-never-getting-a-boyfriend (but turned out to be the first among us to get one!) one, the mweeble, the fruit basket, the first-day-of-school partner in crime, the cheeky/sassy and sweet all at once one, the I'm-getting-bored-with-work/life one, the kindergarthen teacher- all of us. It reminded me of how much fun we had in school and how crazy it can get when a bunch of 19 year olds (and one almost 18 year old...hehe) got together. I'd forgotten what it was like when we'd get together and pig out and well, you can't exactly do that with just anyone...Serena, i'm sure you know what I mean...

Man, I'm sure as hell gonna miss the whole lot of you...

Then last weekend, I had lunch with another one of my dearest and wisest friends. By wise I mean old...haah! Well, not old exactly, just oldER I guess. But then again, I'm one of those people who has people who are married with a children and people who're at least 7 years older than me as friends. I sometimes find them to be the best of pals simply because they don't always tell you what you want to hear. They'll give you what you NEED to hear and not many people are daring enought to do that. So, to all my oldER friends (those 22 and above), words cannot describe how much I value you and how much I've enjoyed every one of our chats. Thanks for being honest!
So anyway, we got talking and I will always remember what she said about finding the one- it should always be my prayer that God will complete me and find me a man that compliments me...Yeah, it may sound trivial to some but I don't expect everyone to understand that.

Ok, so here goes...I'm off to the land of sheeps tomorrow. Thanks girls for dinner, song and drinks. I love you fellas to bits! It's good to know that you'll be only "Two Steps Behind"

Walk away if you want to.
Its ok, if you need to.
Well, you can run, but you can never hide
From the shadow thats creepin up beside you.
And, theres a magic runnin through your soul,
But you cant have it all.

(whatever you do)Well, Ill be two steps behind you
(wherever you go)And Ill be there to remind you
That it only takes a minute of your precious time
To turn around and Ill be two steps behind.

Yeah, yeah.
Take the time to think about it.
Just walk the line, you know you just cant fight it
And take a look around, youll see what you cant find,
Like the fire thats burnin up inside me.

(by: Def Leppard)

hey,which wan am i?lol...girl,m so gonna miss you.looks like our somewhat annual dinner outings are gonna be a person short unless you fly back for that special occasion:)have a safe flight darling!!MUAKS AND LOTS OF HUGS!!

Hey Navee!!
How's life in the land of sheep??? Hope you having a good time!! Miss you gurl! ;)
You in the land of sheep, me in the land of cowboys.....hahahaha....niceeeee
Take care you! ;)

sky:ur the I'm-too-jaded-with-life one...hehe. Yeah hun, i'm missing all of u already! but no worries mate, i'm just a phone call away...will mail u the details soon. LOVE YOU!

sam:yeah i've reached safely.thanks for the surprise at the airport...too bad u got surprised too!

kuen:are u already in texas? you know it's funny that tho i'm in e land of sheeps, i've yet to eat 'em! can't wait-this is one place i'll never feel guilty abt eating those fellas; too mauch to go around! haha!

hi im no one :( i dont know what this is or where i am idk or am i interfering with someones life . is anyone there this feels weird . Am i trespassing?

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Naveena
  • From Auckland, New Zealand
  • I'm rough around the edges but, I'm God's working progress. I don't allow myself to bruise easily but I sometimes I can't help it. I love wholly and there isn't much that I hate. I believe that life is about the journey and not the destination because by default, the former determines the latter. Yes, I am THAT girl.
My profile