« Home | It's Here! It's Here! » | Three Weeks and Counting (and scared as hell) » | This Summer's Must Watch-es » | Of Empty Drawers and Teapots » | Another New "Toy" » | I Think I'm Finally Growing Up » | A Love That Will Last » | Contentment » | I LIKE » | Left Hanging on Purpose »

The End of a Beginning

It is now 1.00p.m on a bright Friday afternoon. I am at my work station putting the finnishing touches to my newest and last article entitled "Procrastination- Where's the Good in That?!" I chose that partly because I was all too familiar to that concept and partly because I wanted to be known for more than just writing movie reviews. I mean, this job was supposed to nurture my writing skills and to do that I had to write more than just reviews. Anyway, when I walk out of the office today, I am never going to be able to come back (partly because my pass will expire as of Monday). This will be my last day working as an intern for the Xfresh content development division as a web journalist (I've been here for about five months now).

So, I figured since I didn't really get to say a proper goodbye to a few people I wanted to, I figured now would be a good time. Plus, it's my way of giving myself a proper closure to it. I've had so much fun working here and I can only hope my first real job (the kind gives me a proper paycheck) will be as fun as this. I never thought of myself as much of a writer, and honestly, I still don't. But at least I now know that I've much room for improvement and that if I'm gonna be a journalist, then I'm just gonna have to start writing more. I believe it can be done...I just need time. And this job has given me a glimpse of what working in the media is like. Truthfully, I like what I've seen...I'm a little more convinced that I'm not in the wrong major.

On that note, I shall begin my thanks you's...
Shaz, thanks for giving me the opportunity to work here. I had nothing short of a blast getting to know how the media works and its people. You have helped me overcome my fear of networking.

Will, thanks for helping me all the way and getting my back when I needed you to. Thanks for all the emergency uploading you did when I was in a rush to get things up but couldn't. Like I've said before, I'm glad to have found a friend in you.

Muiz, it was a pleasure getting to know you. You have shown me what a typical guy is like (that's not a bad thing). I've love how you're always keepin' it real- Kampung Bharu style, man!

Ryan, though I didn't really see much of you, I enjoyed our little group chats and especially that time when the server was down and you were telling us stories about 9/11. Thanks for that letter, boss/sir!

Albert, thanks for all those wonderful selection of songs you had going all day long to keep us company. I'm glad for those songs- I can't always work in silence and you helped break that silence with your music.

My fellow interns- you know who you are- I had fun working with you guys. On the bright side, I will no longer be able to sweep press screenings so ya'll be able to watch more of those without having to worry about competition =)

And the rest of the crew, streetsurfers, web people, thanks for making my five months at Xfresh a memorable one. Through you, I've seen a peak of the real world.

I shall blog about camp another day

About me

  • I'm Naveena
  • From Auckland, New Zealand
  • I'm rough around the edges but, I'm God's working progress. I don't allow myself to bruise easily but I sometimes I can't help it. I love wholly and there isn't much that I hate. I believe that life is about the journey and not the destination because by default, the former determines the latter. Yes, I am THAT girl.
My profile