« Home | My Current Wishlist » | Untitled » | Trusting and Thrusting » | What Makes a Bad Day » | ...of Flip-Flops and Remembering... » | Summer » | ...of Weddings, Sarees and Errands » | Kleenex- My New Best Friend... » | Six Months and Counting... » | Random-ness »

Watch Out for Us Little People

How you drive reflects greatly on the type of person you are.

I claim to be an observant driver and as such, I've seen many things throughout my past six months or so. They say that if you want to get to know a person, get into his/her car (by invitation, of course) and watch 'em drive. But sometimes, the view from outside his/her car is just as good =). From the super busy ones to the total slackers, I've probably (but not surely) seen them all. First there are those who have thier morning coffee while driving (for various reasons). Then there are those who refuse to let the frustration of the morning/evening traffic get to them (represented by the people who sing or tap on the steering wheels to the beat of the music on their stereos). Still, there are those who get cheap thrills out of scaring new drivers on the road into thinking that they're not road worthy (a.k.a the road bullies). And what about those who lead such busy lives that they have to practically live in the car (look out for drivers eating breakfast/lunch while driving and clothes hanging in the back seat)? I bet if you opened their trunks, you will pretty much see the whole wardrobe! Ok, so maybe I might be exagerating a lil, but you get the picture right?Then of course you have those who couldn't give two hoots about fellow road users and drive like they don't plan to see daylight ever again? These are just a fraction of the many facets I see daily. Oh, and who can not notice the guy next to you who picks his nose? I'm in no way a sexist but I've yet to see a woman pick her nose in public =)

I wonder, why do people not know how to use the built-in functions of the sticks, pedals and knobs in the car (despite being bombarded with just too many radio commercials WHILE DRIVING)? And some people think that just because they drive a big car, they need not pay attention to us little people? Seriously, so much for us Malaysians being courteous people! I wish drivers learn to USE thier indicators and have WORKING break-lights. I wish drivers will learn to be better road users. I wish I don't have to keep wishing for these things to happen and that they would actually materialize...

With that, I hope the next time you wanna zoom past a little car with no prior indication whatsoever, just remember: we don't have eyes at the back of our heads and the rearview morror doesn't count!

About me

  • I'm Naveena
  • From Auckland, New Zealand
  • I'm rough around the edges but, I'm God's working progress. I don't allow myself to bruise easily but I sometimes I can't help it. I love wholly and there isn't much that I hate. I believe that life is about the journey and not the destination because by default, the former determines the latter. Yes, I am THAT girl.
My profile