« Home | Kleenex- My New Best Friend... » | Six Months and Counting... » | Random-ness » | My New Treasured "Toy"... » | Life's Simple Pleasures » | Back to Work! » | 2005- A Reminiscence... » | My Grown-up Christmas List » | ...of Smiles and Skirts » | My Monday »

...of Weddings, Sarees and Errands

It's about 9a.m. and here I am, sipping my morning cup of Ovaltine (because I'm not a coffee person) and checking my mails...
Gosh, it's been one heck of a tirng weekend, or rather weekendS! It's supposed to be the best time of the year to get married for the Hindus, I'm not sure why. But I'm just gonna take a wild guess and say it's got something to do with the allignment of the stars, moon and planets. Anyway, in this past weeks alone there have been about 4 couples tying the knot and two of those nuptuals were by my twin cousins- to two other people, of course =)- which explains the infrequency of my blogging. I've been busy traveling from Penang and back, all because they decided to have the wedding there (also the result of culture and tradition).

It's been very strenuous, but very exciting and 'wunnerful' nonetheless. I mean, for one, it's the first (and probably the only) wedding where it was a double celebration and secondly, it's cause it was my first attempt at wearing a saree at an event. But really, the wedding itself was very intriguing and... beautiful. Yeah, that's the word- beautiful. The idea of two people vowing to have and to hold each other from that day forward, in sickness and in health, and everything else they promise to do till death do 'em part. Sometimes I wonder why people put themselves through such commitment. Don't get me wrong, I'm a strong believer in the santity of the institution of marriage and hope to someday tie the knot myself, but I can't help but wonder how some people actually still try and make it work even through the toughest of times, when there seems to be no way out of the problem. I guess that's the wonder/beauty of a marriage with God and love at the center of it huh? You know one of the things I really love to see are old couples still together and still very much in love after so many years. My parents celebrated their 20th anniversary just recently. Well, it wasn't much of a celebration with daddy working abroad and all, but I often find myself asking what is it that makes it work for them...Their answer? Well, all I usually get is a sigh and then followed by a half-smile (or sometimes no reaction whatsoever). Whatever that means!

Oh, and in the spirit of all you fellas getting all valentine-y, I just wanna say that... I loathe this day, simply because of how commercial it has become. I don't see why people like to 'shower' their boyfriend/girlfriend with just too many chocolates and red roses, all because they think that if they don't their significant other will think less of them. And how about the singletons? Some of them get all depressed and emotional cause there isn't this significant other to spend the day with, no one to take them out to a fancy dinner and play footsie under the table with. I came across this funny nick on one of my friend's MSN. It said, "St. Valentine got his head chopped off for his struggle for justice, so stop being self-absorbed about being single, you losers!" So, to all the single people who get a little more depressed whenever you see a couple being affectionate, GET OVER YOURSELVES! Take it from me, one single person to another, there are plenty of things that you can do, and you don't have to be romantically involved with someone in order to do those things. That said, go out and have some fun and celebrate being single! Maybe you're just not ready for a relationship =) There, my two cents worth =)

Now, I've gotta go run my errands for the week; since I don't have class on Tuesdays, I've declared this day as a day to run my errands and do the things I don't get to usually do on weekdays. So, if you're thinking of having brnch/lunch/dinner dates with me, Tuesdays would be fantastic day, not that I think of spending time with my loved ones as an errand. Just that, on Tuesdays, I'm liberated from the many hours of boring classes, bad traffic and never being able to sit down and just have lunch with a couple of buddies without having to do something else simultaneoulsy. In other words, I'm free ;)

With that, I'm off to do the first two things on my list- cleanning up my room and the car! It's a mess!!! In the mean time, tell me what you think about this- it's an assignment I just handed in; it's a new and improved version of one of my high school magazine covers.

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Naveena
  • From Auckland, New Zealand
  • I'm rough around the edges but, I'm God's working progress. I don't allow myself to bruise easily but I sometimes I can't help it. I love wholly and there isn't much that I hate. I believe that life is about the journey and not the destination because by default, the former determines the latter. Yes, I am THAT girl.
My profile