« Home | My Grown-up Christmas List » | ...of Smiles and Skirts » | My Monday » | Thanks, God » | This Time, It's Different » | Naveena's Exam Timetable » | Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder » | Pictures from that night » | Almost Like Being in Love » | Your Career Type: ArtisticYou are expressive, orig... »

2005- A Reminiscence...

I figured that since the year draws to a close in less than an hour, this would be apt- to reflect on what's happened these past twelve months. Also because I'm not in favour of spending this hour in a crowded place counting down to usher in the new year, craning my neck to see past the tall people to see what's going on on some stage somewhere in town and feeling all stuffy. I just want a nice quiet evening tonight. So, be warned:it might be a long post so you might want to take a few pauses now and then if you need to. Okay, so here goes...

I remember thinking in very early in the year about how I was gonna fit into a completely different environment as it wasn't gonna be good 'ol high school no more- a place where I felt so comfortable in my own skin, being around the people I care about and doing the things I loved, with much freedom; without having to worry too much about life other than my grades-which I eventually stopped worring about =). But then, as time took its toll, I realized that college is not going to be that easy and that making friends somehow just didn't come as naturally as it used to. I'd made a few frinds sure, but they weren't like the ones I had back in high school and I suddenly found myself yearning to go back- silly of me, I know. However, time also made me realize that life in general is never that simple and if I'd just give time a chance, everything will eventually come together and turn out for the best. So, with help I managed to come thus far and get through my freshmen year of college.

Spiritually on the other hand, I can now honestly say (after taking a stroll along the 'other side') that there is no greater pleasure than being able to serve God with what you have. I finally understand what the Donut Man said when he once sang "life without Jesus is like a Donut, 'cos there's a hole in the middle of your heart!" Perhaps it's because I was brought up in this way of life, what with my parents serving in church for as long as I can remember- untill about two years ago (another story all together). And, so after a few months of just going to church on a once-a-week basis, I decided that there's no greater joy than being able to serve God with everything He has blessed me with! It's a joy that I can't explain with words but if you're anything like me, you'll understand the feeling. I'd like to thank those who helped me get back this joy- you know who you are.

Truly, this year has been like previous ones, pleasantly acceptable with spanking great times along with its horrific counterpart of depressing hardships. But know what? Some of these hardships helped me understand that God is ever loving and I marvel at the fact that His faithfulness endures forever indeed no matter the situation. There were times where I felt like giving up because I thought God was not around anymore but "lo and behold", He was and always has been around; I just never looked for Him! For that I'm grateful to my Lord and Savior! Everyday I get to wake up is another day I get to thank Him!

Now, right this very moment, as I usher in the new year (in my personal way) that's coming my way in about 10 minutes, I'm hopeful for a better year. Though I've totally given up making resolutions simply because I never learn to keep them, I do want to become a little less agnostic about life and recognize the "brighter side of life" (please excuse the cliche). That, and I want to savor every possible moment, enjoying the life and times of my blissful 19th year here in the world!

So, here's to embracing life and everything that comes along with it- the good and bad. Have a Happy New Year everyone! Cheers!

Keep up the good work » »

Post a Comment