« Home | Naveena's Exam Timetable » | Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder » | Pictures from that night » | Almost Like Being in Love » | Your Career Type: ArtisticYou are expressive, orig... » | In The Rain » | I'm just a kid and life is a nightmare!Yes, that i... » | I Am » | Amazing Grace » | of assignments and coffee (bad, bad, bad!) »

This Time, It's Different


Mom pointed out something yesterday but the reality of it sunk in only just now. She said that as of tomorrow (because I just finnished my last paper today), I'd have completed my freshman year in college! Time sure flies...and as I was driving home after that final paper for the semester (which was a totally horrible paper, by the way), I was thinking about all that has happened throughout my time in college as well as what a dear friend of mine wrote in my 18th Birthday card earlier this year. It read, "Do enjoy your teenage years and be willing to be stretched like never before". Looking back, I can honestly say that I have indeed been stretched like never before, more so in this semester and I know it's about to get only worse over the course of time, but I can also honestly say that it was a little fun to be stretched that way. I'm the kind of person that gets a thrill out of doing more than I can handle...I just love the intensity of rushing to meet deadlines and preparing presentations all in the same week...call me weird, I don't care. Yeah, looking back on my year in college, this year was really a year of change in more ways than one but albeit all the intensity, change, blood, sweat and tears I had a ball of a time in college and wouldn't trade it to be anywhere else- it sure as heck beats working!haha.

As I embrace Christmas with wide open arms this year, somehow I know that it's going to be different this year. I just do. But I don't know why. Perhaps it's because I'm just really looking forward to this much deserved holiday after all the "stretching" I've been put through. Maybe it's because I'm looking forward to meeting-up with all my friends after such a long time becoz they're back for the season. Or maybe it's the christmas play that's going to be held in my church this year. Perhaps it's becoz of daddy's homecoming. Even while putting on the lights for my christmas tree was somehow...different; more joyful in a sense. Christmas is the only season that I most anticipate this year. On another note, it's Christmas is also that time of the year that I do my once-a-year extravagant shopping and my to-buy list (for me and a few other people) is already populated and has become longer (it started filling in two weeks ago!) but unfortunately, my wallet is not thick enough to purchase all that I want/need to. Oh well, maybe daddy will give me some extra cash =)

Plus, though this is a holiday, I still have plenty of things to do and hence my to-do list has also elongated. But what's diferent about this list is that I'm gonna enjoy doing every single thing on that list becoz I want to do them, not becoz I have to. It's always a lot more fun to do things and run errands becoz you want to, rather than becoz ou have to....isn't it? What's more is that daddy's coming back and I sooo look forward to spending time with him after many months of him being abroad. But then again, there are "side effects" to this homecoming- curfews and ground rules. I'm being hopeful...that he'll cut me some slack becoz he hasn't seen me in so long and because I'm a year older than the last time we saw each other =)

Best regards from NY! »

Post a Comment