« Home | of assignments and coffee (bad, bad, bad!) » | In Good Company » | The Brain That Didn't Listen to the Body » | of Thai Food and catch-up » | I Have Got To Stop » | "You've Got A Friend" » | You're Not Moving... » | YAY!!!! the deadline for my Communication in the ... » | I Hate October 2005!!! arggggghhhhhh!!!!Yes, this ... » | Promissed Pictures- Cameron Highlands »

Amazing Grace

I was just reading a friend's blog while waiting for one of my assignments to be printed out (yes! one down, two more to go...) and I thought I'd write a sort-of response to it because amazingly enough, she seems to be echoing my sentiments for the past few days with her last few blog entries. Or maybe it is I who am actually echoing her sentiments...well, whatever it is, I take comfort in the fact that I'm not the only one who feels the way I feel and have been feeling in the last week.

I truly understand what she means when she said how good it feels to come back home. Honestly, with all the craziness of assignments, presentations and preparing for a soon to come quiz, I trully felt so good inside when I came home from church today. In fact, I am glad I made the choice to go to church today because I really needed to hear these words: "Come back home my daughter" (or something along that line) from my heavenly father. I may not have HEARD God say that in his loud thunderous voice (well, thanks to Moses- the guy who parted the Red Sea with His help- I still think that God has got this really loud deep voice...though I know He's got that still small one as well...and...oh dear, please STOP me!) but I felt His presence and I can't tell how lovely that was...words definitely aren't enough to describe.

It's funny how I've always questioned God where He was when I needed Him. I mean, I'm talking frustrated-can't get through another assignment-why did I get such bad grades kind of 'shouting' at God at the fact that I thought He wasn't there. The reality is that I never really took the time to LOOK for him after asking Him that. Today, I found out that He was ALWAYS there...I just didn't see Him coz I was probably too busy wallowing in self-pity. Today, I was reminded that He still loves me, as messy/wrecked as I am and that no one forgives like Him.

So, Lord, here I am- back Home...YOUR home... where I actually belong and oh, how I've missed it. It really and amazingly good to be back! So yeah, I DO understand what it feels like to return home and to ahve someone who's ALWAYS loving you, no matter the cause and cost! And what I feel this moment is very aptly put in the lyrics of this song because I'm very much lost in his love and arms of grace and compassion:

Amazing grace that touched my heart
Anointing me to worship
Amazing grace that causes me
To stand in awe and sing

I reach out to You
Your hand of love, it conquers me
Calling to You
To the glory of Your name

I am falling for You
Run into Your presence
Falling into the arms of grace
I will call up on heaven
Just to see Your face
I’m lost in Your love
Amazing Grace
(Planet Shakers; I don't know who wrote the song;()