« Home | The Brain That Didn't Listen to the Body » | of Thai Food and catch-up » | I Have Got To Stop » | "You've Got A Friend" » | You're Not Moving... » | YAY!!!! the deadline for my Communication in the ... » | I Hate October 2005!!! arggggghhhhhh!!!!Yes, this ... » | Promissed Pictures- Cameron Highlands » | Communication Breakdown » | More Of My favorite Things »

In Good Company

Over these past few days, I've had the blessing to meet some of my closest friends after such a long time. Some of them had come back for a short break, some I just haven't seen in ages and others I see everyday but on a Hi-how-are-you-sorry-have-to-get-to-class basis. Even asking 'How are you' has become we ask just because we have to. I mean really, most of us don't even mean it when we ask how the other is doing. We're all just hoping that that other person will reply with a 'Good' or a 'Fine' or any of those one sylable answer and run along because we're just so caught up in our own lives that we don't have time for others. I myself am guilty of doing that sometimes even though sometimes I wish so much that I could just really talk to them; I can't because I'm usually rushing to get to class/an appointment/some place or meet some one. Sigh...and more so now because of the crazy workload that's been given to me (well, this is partly my own doing- the result of procrastination- but that's another story all together)

Anyway, back to what I really wanna say, so I've had these little co-incidences of meeting with some friends of mine and it was really great to be able to catch up with them though the situations in which we met were just so unexpected. it was truly an act of serendipity (haah! I finally found the perfect opportunity to use this word =P)- a fortunate accident. And in a way I'm glad to have met them in such situations because it kinda made it all the more memorable. Like the first person you gave a lift to, or the first public bus you took (this was way back when I was 14), or even something as lame as stopping a stranger to ask him for the time just because you wanted to make conversation with a cute stranger (and then later saw your friend standing 5 steps away!)

You know, sometimes, it really doesn't matter where you meet your friends or what you were doing at that time. As long as you're in good company, the fact that you're stuck in traffic because the whole KL population decided to go to the same mall that day/ been waiting for the bus for an hour/ at your usual mamak but somehow the food is not as good today/ you're just plain angry at someone and all you wanna do is lash out, it suddenly becomes ok and it's not such a bother anymore. Suddenly, you begin to actually thank God for waiting/going to the mamak/feeling frustrated that day, that time. It's really amazing what a good companion can do and even how much they can brighten up your day. And if it weren't for those little accidents I may not have been able to catch up with some of my close and treasured friends. If only more 'accidents' like these happen...

Funny how life works.. you never know what small things can bring

Post a Comment