« Home | I'm just a kid and life is a nightmare!Yes, that i... » | I Am » | Amazing Grace » | of assignments and coffee (bad, bad, bad!) » | In Good Company » | The Brain That Didn't Listen to the Body » | of Thai Food and catch-up » | I Have Got To Stop » | "You've Got A Friend" » | You're Not Moving... »

In The Rain

When I was younger, I just absolutely hated to have anything to do with the rain- walking, skipping and even getting a tad bit wet from runnig to get to a sheltered place. I never did understand why this girt on TV sang a song out of it (think the 1952 musical Singing In The Rain). I mean really, what's so cool about "singing in the rain"? Was it really a "glorious feeling"? Did it really make you "happy again"?!

Now, years later, I actually ENJOY the feeling of getting wet in the rain. I don't know if the perception has changed because I'm a little older now and well, somehow water isn't just water anymore (think advertisements- the kind that portray people walking in the rain and enjoying it).

I was on my way to church when it was raining cats and dogs. The church basement carpark was full and so I had to park my car at quite a distance (you'd feel it's a distance too if it was raining THAT heavily) and walk. Perhaps it was a good thing I decided not to wear sneakers that day. My sandals were getting slippery and so I had no choice but to remove it and walk barefooted. So, there I was, my brown handbag strapped to my left shoulder, my trusty bible and sandals in one hand and the umbrella in the other, and jeans folded up to my knees. and I ACTUALLY didn't mind getting a little wet and in fact, loved walking barefoot! I was "happy again" and I thik I even found myself humming a tune. I think I finally understand what a friend was talking about when she said what a joy it is to walk in the rain.

And when I finally made my way into the church building, I didn't care taht my hair was all icky, or that my t-shirt sleeve was drenched, or that my feet were dirty from walking in the mud (at some spots); and I know God didn't mind either =)...
I was feeling a lot happier that when I was driving. While driving, I was telling God how much I hate the getting wet in the rain- the whole journey and was askingHim to make it stop.

So now, I don't mind the rain. At times I love it!