« Home | My New Treasured "Toy"... » | Life's Simple Pleasures » | Back to Work! » | 2005- A Reminiscence... » | My Grown-up Christmas List » | ...of Smiles and Skirts » | My Monday » | Thanks, God » | This Time, It's Different » | Naveena's Exam Timetable »

Random-ness

A couple of weeks ago, I started out these two entries but didn't quite come around writing an end for them. No, it wasn't the result of my procrastination or laziness (well, not this time anyway); I left them hanging because I didn't know waht else to say- and I still don't! But I shall publish them nonetheless, so here goes...

1. ...of Shoe-Shopping and Frustration...
I wish there was a guide to buying footwear- a guide that has dips on where to get the kind of footwear I want and like! I came here with the intention of totally dissing foot wear companies in this country due to my immense frustration of not being able to find a pair of heels that I like. But hours of walking in the mall, bruising my feet and several second opinions later (from my cousin who came a long), I finally ( after what really seemed like eternity-please excuse the chiche) got myself something that satisfied me- the kind that was worth paying for. I was like, “Yes, there IS a shoe god!” And that somewhat calmed me down...

For those of you who know me well enough, you'll know that shopping? That 'aint my thing. And you'll also know that shoe-shopping? That really 'aint my thing! I hardly wear heels, as it is; I only have one pair of off-white heels which I can call my own. So, what's a girl like me doing shopping for shoes anyway? Well see, the thing is, I needed to get something to go along with this saree I have to wear to a wedding (which by the way, is my fist attempt and so not me!) and I decided that the old pair had to go...it was waaaay too old and tattered.

2. "Thank You"
What exactly does this phrase mean to you? Is it merely a way of showing gratitude when someone does something for you? Or do you think there's more to it than that?

Like when the guy at the toll-gate collects your fare; do you go the extra mile and say "thank you" because you think he must be bored to death just sitting there watching his life past by just like the cars he sees so you fell the least you can do is thank him for being there? Or like the bus/cab driver who takes you to wherever it is you want to go; do you thank him because he got you there in one place? Despite the fact you might have paid for the ride? How about the lecturers we thank for various reasons (like postponing a deadline) Or like when you get your allowance? Or like when someone sent you a text message via SMS and that totally made your day? Or the more obvious ones like when sombody helped you carry something...or when a dear friend stuck around trying to comfort you when you lost your car keys and didn't know what else to do but cry because you got the shelling of your life from mom...or when you get a hug and in politeness, you thank them. Ok yeah, I agree, the hugging thing may be a bit weird but people do that.

Just recently, I think I finally realize the emormity of the phrase; how it can really make someone's day...or sometimes even upset people. I know what your thinking- how can you upset someone by saying "thank you"? Well, I found out that you can, but I won't elaborate how. But yeah, I now realize that I should perhaps be a little more careful when I use that phrase.

So, for taking the time to read my nonsensical ramblings, I "Thank You" =)*no pun intended, I promise*

About me

  • I'm Naveena
  • From Auckland, New Zealand
  • I'm rough around the edges but, I'm God's working progress. I don't allow myself to bruise easily but I sometimes I can't help it. I love wholly and there isn't much that I hate. I believe that life is about the journey and not the destination because by default, the former determines the latter. Yes, I am THAT girl.
My profile