« Home | Six Months and Counting... » | Random-ness » | My New Treasured "Toy"... » | Life's Simple Pleasures » | Back to Work! » | 2005- A Reminiscence... » | My Grown-up Christmas List » | ...of Smiles and Skirts » | My Monday » | Thanks, God »

Kleenex- My New Best Friend...

...in the most unwanted way!

I've caught the flu, or rather IT has caught me- the kind that comes along with festive packages; the result of effortlessly downing too many oranges and too much cold drinks. Sadly for me, I didn't get any ang pows to make this worth the while...and so now I am, in the words of someone who's always saying this whenever she falls ill (or something along these lines): "I'm a threat to the ecosystem" due to my very heavy consumption of Kleenex. I hate this flu bug! I hope it does not escelate (or however you spell it) to its horrible other best friends- the cough, the cold and the sore throat. If it does, then I shall be in big, BIG trouble. When I'm down with those horrid "friends" I don't sleep much (apart from my already deprived beauty sleep); When that happens, I don't think straight, I can't see straight, I can't walk straight and this ultimately leads to me not speaking straight (if the condition is severe enough). An that, as we all know it, is not good. As proof, I've been sitting at my computer for the last few hours trying to look for a prose and I STILL can't find one! IT has clouded my thoughts, I tell you- totally blurred my mind!

I was flipping channels (becoz I really couldn't do anything else besides plonk myslef on the couch next to good 'ol Kleenex) when I came across this soap on MTV- Laguna Beach (I'm not an avid MTV watcher). I don't know if it's the frustration of not being able to do anything else, but I think that show totally KILLS and corrupts the English language! I mean really, They like, speak using the word "like" in like, every sentence practically after like, every other, like, word! Like, how irritating is that?! I believe I've made my point: the word "like" has lost its meaning. Obviously, that show only caught my attention for about two minutes...

Yeah!

Like, I totally know what you're talking about. It's so, like, infuriating it gets on your nerves. So bimbo-ish! Like, ewwww...

(Sometimes I use the word "like" without knowing, and I have to shake myself mentally to stop!)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Naveena
  • From Auckland, New Zealand
  • I'm rough around the edges but, I'm God's working progress. I don't allow myself to bruise easily but I sometimes I can't help it. I love wholly and there isn't much that I hate. I believe that life is about the journey and not the destination because by default, the former determines the latter. Yes, I am THAT girl.
My profile