« Home | What Makes a Bad Day » | ...of Flip-Flops and Remembering... » | Summer » | ...of Weddings, Sarees and Errands » | Kleenex- My New Best Friend... » | Six Months and Counting... » | Random-ness » | My New Treasured "Toy"... » | Life's Simple Pleasures » | Back to Work! »

Trusting and Thrusting

It's amazing what drama class can do to a person, I tell you. That, and miracles. I trully believe what happened today to my drama presentation was a God-give miracle. I've always believed in miracles, untill this very day and today my faith was fortified. It wasn't the best morning of my life and all the courage and strength that I was mustering up before my drama presentation were crushed by the hurtful words of someone. And so, I had about 30 minutes to get myself together and and do the presentation- which was about SUMMER, when how I really felt was MID-WINTER! Nonetheless, when I walked into class, I just felt this sense of calmness overwhelmed me [well, part of the credit would hae to go to a certain person I just love to look at because this person just exudes warmth and sincerity with JUST a smile =)] and I suddenly felt so at home. Came my turn to recite the prose peice, I had absolute fun! No preassure, no feelings of being upset, no performance anxiety (this is just a fancy term they coined for people who are afraid of public performances), no nervousness, nothing! Just... euphoria. I felt the 5 year old in me come out again. That was great because it was the intended effect. A friend of mine even said that she felt like having ice-cream after I was done with it...hehe.

And as God would have it, my day totally turned around and it was one of the best days of the week. I told Him to take care of my presentation, just went for it and it all worked out. I guess I'm finally learning to surrender myself to him- little by little, begining with the small things. Or, should I say in the words of last week's sermon in church, I'm finally learning to 'trust God and thrust myself'... into the aventures of the great unknown...lol!

Oh, and on a totally unrelated note, I think Heath Ledger looked brilliantly yummy in Casanova!

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Naveena
  • From Auckland, New Zealand
  • I'm rough around the edges but, I'm God's working progress. I don't allow myself to bruise easily but I sometimes I can't help it. I love wholly and there isn't much that I hate. I believe that life is about the journey and not the destination because by default, the former determines the latter. Yes, I am THAT girl.
My profile