« Home | How to Deal? » | The Power of Retail Therapy » | 2006 Asian X Games, Sunway Lagoon, Kuala Lumpur » | X Games Asia Part Two » | on Being Between Colleges » | Three Months and Counting... » | We Know It's Bad, Yet... » | Mommy and Me » | Finally Launched! » | Happy but Not So »

Like Father Like Daughter

I never did believe I was the spitting image of my father until very recently. Whenever my aunts came over for a visit they will never leave without passing a comment how much my dad and I are similar. They say I look, walk, talk, think and do just about everything else like him. Apparently, I even stand like him! Okay, so you get the picture on how alike we are.

Last week, I was playing driver for my mom and a few of my aunts coz of mom's surgery (btw, to those of you who prayed for her, you know who you are, thanks so much! She's doing much better now). So, I've been spending more time with her than I usually do. We got talking about something I don't really remember much about and she asked me what I would do if it happens. I replied. Instantly, she looked right at me and said, "You know Naveena, if your father was here he would have said exactly what you just did!" Then she rolled her eyes and shuddred. My parents are in no way alike and though I know that opposits attract, I really don't know how they ended up together. Nonetheless, I'm eternally grateful that they did =)

And it was then I took a second to pause and think if he really would have said that and ohmygosh, he sooo would! I thought some more and realized that yeah, dad and I have so much in common. It's too bad we don't talk as much though (given the circumstance).

You're probably thinking, "of course you two are alike- you share part of his genes for crying out loud! How can you NOT have similarities?"

But honestly, if you know me and my dad well enough, you'd know that we're like two peas in a pod. I think I only begin to walk, talk, think like him begining these last two years or so becasue as far as I can remember, dad and I use to argue and have a difference in opinion so much that I lost count of the number of times- from mom's cooking to my sister. I still with Daddy and I had a better relationship but I'm glad to say that we're not two total strangers who live under the same roof either. And please do excuse the mushy-ness but I really am missing him. Can't wait for him to come home!


My dad, the Indian cowboy! HAHAHA!!!

You shld put a picture of you and your dad together.....Wanna compare and see if you're really the spitting image of your dad! ;)

I would but I don't have any recent ones...hehe...all in good time, my friend =)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Naveena
  • From Auckland, New Zealand
  • I'm rough around the edges but, I'm God's working progress. I don't allow myself to bruise easily but I sometimes I can't help it. I love wholly and there isn't much that I hate. I believe that life is about the journey and not the destination because by default, the former determines the latter. Yes, I am THAT girl.
My profile