« Home | Mommy and Me » | Finally Launched! » | Happy but Not So » | ...and My List is Complete! » | In Between Presentations and Studying » | To everyone who reads this blog on a regular basis... » | More Wishes » | Birthday Wish » | To Juliana, with love... » | Yay, Me! »

We Know It's Bad, Yet...

Who was it that said "never put off till tomorrow that which you can do today"? Benjamin Franklin? Well, he probably didn't go to college. Then again, he's so smart he probably didn't need to go to colloge! I mean, he discovered electricity, for crying out loud!

Anyway, my point (and I do have one =p) is that with everything that's going on in my life as a student, it's imposible not to procrastinate. this about it; we students have unending deadlines to meet, continuous pop quizes, mid terms and finals, just too many presentations, and external commitments (well, some of us anyway). If we're expected to try and live life in between these things, procrastination is, the way I see it, our only way out! Time and again I hear of how procrastination is the evil of all evils and how mom's always telling me to "do the laundry now". Heck, even the poets keep telling us to 'carpe diem' and take opportunities that come our way.

With all the constant reminders that we keep getting, one would think that we'd finally find it in us to actually stop this "inborn" talent of ours. Apparently not. I can say for a fact that this many years of procrastinating has never left me in regret (well, not most of the time anyway). Mom even said that I procrastinated comming out into the world a few hours. Haha! Does this mean I can't ever be redeemed from the pit of hopelesness? I can only wonder...

Why am I talking about this in the first place? Because I thought I'd chip in my two cents worth after listening/reading what other people have to say on this subject matter. No, actually what spurred on this was the fact that I had just very recently indulged in the guilty pleasures of procrastinating the last leg of my assignments. It was due earlier today at 5pm and despite the one full week I had to complete it, I had chosen to put it off till the last posible hour, in view of letting loose after my final paper last Wednesday. So, with about 21 hours left before the deadline, I finally dragged my almost lazy body to my faithful DELL INSPIRON 630m and decided to get to work. After a good 5 hours of gathering research material, I thought I'd shower, thrown on some comfy pj's and let the creative juices aflow! So, almost a pot of atrocious black coffee, a bowl of noodles, a ham sandwich, two hours of napping, plus and hour of procrastination in between and about 10 hours later, I finnished it! Though I wasn't too happy with the outcome, and I'm sure that any chance of me getting an A for that course flew right out the window oh-so-freely the moment I handed in my final exam answer sheet to the invigilator...Nevermore, what's done is done. I'm just gonna have to leave it all in His hands now.

But I gotta tell you; all that stress was so worth going through. Because when I handed in those 8 pages of my night's blood, sweat and tears to my lecturer, words cannot beging to describe the sense of relief I felt at that very moment! After that, I headed straight to the gym and worked out all my blus away, so to speak. Gosh, I hadn't been there in two weeks I almost forgot what a good workout feels like. After two great hours of a full workout, I spent a little while in the steam room and oh, what a difference that made! I felt like...like this one time I felt while doing a particullar warm-up at Drama class. 15 silent minutes of total bliss. Aaahhh........

With any luck, I'm hoping that I'd sleep like a log tonight. God knows I need a peaceful sleep after weeks of sleep depravation.

Oh, on a related note, now that I've handed in my last assignment, I should start that personal challenge of mine to not stare at a screen of any kind for two weeks apart form work. So, see ya'll in two weeks, mates!

Hahaha.....i sooo agree with you.....procastination is part and parcel of a student's life.....it's the adrenalin rush that pushes us to the limit........i guess you can consider yourself an 'addict' la.....hahahaha.....join the bandwagon mate! ;P

Kuen:LOLZ, yeah thanks for the 'warm welcome' into the bandwagon. I think I sorta knew it'd become inevitable the day I got myself signed up for coll =)

hey navee...
thanks for the comment you left... haha yeah i'm a big coffee fan... ;D well it's refreshing hearing from a non-homeschooler who's open minded about homeschooling! haha... nice blog you have too... have a nice day!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Naveena
  • From Auckland, New Zealand
  • I'm rough around the edges but, I'm God's working progress. I don't allow myself to bruise easily but I sometimes I can't help it. I love wholly and there isn't much that I hate. I believe that life is about the journey and not the destination because by default, the former determines the latter. Yes, I am THAT girl.
My profile