« Home | 2006 Asian X Games, Sunway Lagoon, Kuala Lumpur » | X Games Asia Part Two » | on Being Between Colleges » | Three Months and Counting... » | We Know It's Bad, Yet... » | Mommy and Me » | Finally Launched! » | Happy but Not So » | ...and My List is Complete! » | In Between Presentations and Studying »

The Power of Retail Therapy


Nothing beats retail therapy after a grueling session of tests the whole day. Yes my friends, I (finally!) do believe in the power of retail therapy. Oh and mom treated sister and I to TGIF so yeah, that was an added bonus for sure! Pigged out till I was stuffed with mud pie and fajita nachos.

So what did I get myself? Well since mom was nice enough to foot my bill, I thought I'd go easy on her wallet; got myself three (girly) tops, shoes (which mom and I will eventually end up sharing), a DVD and I almost got a Nikon digital camera. So close!

Going back to what caused the need for that retail therapy in the first place, I had to endure about 4-5 painful hours of my IELTS (International English Language Testing System). Though this four-part test was do-able, it wasn't all that easy either. I was especially weary of the speaking module. I was afraid I'd get all tongue tied and freeze and not be able to think. But, trully by the steadfast grace of God, It went better than I expected. I was also worried I might speak Malaysian English, you know the one with the la's and the wan's. But as soon as I stepped into the room, it's as if that part of my brain automatically shut down and for about 20 minutes or so, I lost those words. I think it's becoz my examiner was a foreigner. Somehow I think it's a psychological thing, in that whenever I speak not a non-Malaysian, I unconsciously loose the Manglish (Malsysian English) words. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. I'm still a little worried about my essays though. But I guess, it's outta my hands now and to paraphrase a quote of a friend, "...only to get into Greater Hands" and "it's in better hands".

And on that trusting note, I think I will leave it in those Greater Hands. After all, He has shown me how real He is, so I hav faith that He'll do it again!

retail therapy only works if you have a bottomless well of funds... or a mom with a limitless credit card. haha

eyeris: well, those are definitely the two main criteria, but i think if you know how to control yourself (as hard as it amy be), retail theraphy cld work too=) Besides, i rarely ever splurge so in that sense, I can save up till i'm in the mood (which is not very often).

Post a Comment