« Home | Medical Jargons (or so I think) » | Yeap, I DEFINITLY don't understand people! ARRRGGH... » | Is It Just Me? » | my Initiation » | Watch Out for Us Little People » | My Current Wishlist » | Untitled » | Trusting and Thrusting » | What Makes a Bad Day » | ...of Flip-Flops and Remembering... »

STREEEETCH! = PAAAAAAIN!

Aches. Pang. Soreness. Anguish. Suffering. Throb.

Call it whatever you wish to but it all ultimately leads to the same meaning- PAIN!!!

I entered the gym studio today with high hopes of getting a good stretch since I have not been doing much of it (with the exception of Drama class and the three-times-a-week cardio and machine workouts I do). Little did I know what was in store for me. It was stretching that I wanted and STREEEEETCHED, I did get!

While waiting for the instructor to come, I did some light stretching- because I got guilted (if there's such a word) into doing it by the others around me. Finally, Ginny, my Pilates instructor dashed in through the door appologizing for the 5 minute delay and within a heartbeat she went, "okay, everyone stand to your feet and lets begin. Feet together, toes rolled up..."

I thought, "cool! This is sure gonna be loads of fun". It was fun, don't get me wrong, because I was not as flexible as the others, I was having some problems keeping up with her pace. Halfway through the session, my embarassment was at its peak. Why? I felt so darn incompetent next to the AUNTIES and MOTHERS around me who were as flexible as rubberbands (for lack of a better simillie)!!!

I'm so in pain now, I can't even think of how to continue this post. So, hopefully, when I've gathered my thoughts I'll write more- perhaps after my next class =)
By the way, this was my first pilates class so that oughta explain the aches.

I will say this though: It's a good class to go for, more so if you're a singer/actor/someone of that part of the performing arts. I just hope I've not pass my age to train my body to become more flexible...now I wish my parents sent me for gymnastics or ballet when I was younger!
Now, I'm in pain almost all over- from shoulders to ankles and so I hope I can get through tmorrow.

Dear Lord, please let me get through drama class and be able to do whatever it is I have to (in terms of warm-ups) and more importantly, PLEEEASE let me nail my public speaking presentation despite the horrid pain I'll wake up to.

*i'm off to rub deep heat on my aches*

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »

Post a Comment