« Home | Yeap, I DEFINITLY don't understand people! ARRRGGH... » | Is It Just Me? » | my Initiation » | Watch Out for Us Little People » | My Current Wishlist » | Untitled » | Trusting and Thrusting » | What Makes a Bad Day » | ...of Flip-Flops and Remembering... » | Summer »

Medical Jargons (or so I think)

There're two words that's been bugging the life out of me for the past few days so I decided to find out the difference between one and the other once and for all to help get me good sleep (without having to fall asleep trying too hard to think what it means) tonight, so here goes [wow, that was a mouthfull!]:

  1. Prognosis: (prg-nss)n. pl. prog·no·ses (-sz)
  • A prediction of the probable course and outcome of a disease.
  • The likelihood of recovery from a disease.

2. Diagnosis: (dg-nss)n. pl. di·ag·no·ses (-sz)

  • The act or process of identifying or determining the nature and cause of a disease or injury through evaluation of patient history, examination, and review of laboratory data.
  • The opinion derived from such an evaluation.

(information obtained from www.dictionary.com)

There, all better. With that, I shall retire to bed. Goodnight, world!

About me

  • I'm Naveena
  • From Auckland, New Zealand
  • I'm rough around the edges but, I'm God's working progress. I don't allow myself to bruise easily but I sometimes I can't help it. I love wholly and there isn't much that I hate. I believe that life is about the journey and not the destination because by default, the former determines the latter. Yes, I am THAT girl.
My profile